Call for Participants: STUDY OF THE PSYCHOLOGY OF EXCESSIVE VIEWING ON DEMAND

post by Joanne Parkes (2020 cohort)

As some of you know, I’m a 3rd-year Horizon CDT PhD student partnered with BBC Research & Development and based within N/Lab at the University of Nottingham. I am researching binge-watching behaviours and how we might better manage them if they’re problematic.

Purpose: For this study, I am looking for participants to take part in a 1:1 interview via an online Teams meeting to discuss their viewing habits, perspectives on binge watching and thoughts on why/when people might watch more than they intend.

Who can participate? This study is open to anyone aged 18 and over who regularly (typically at least once a week) watches 2 or more episodes of the same programme and/or 2 or more continuous hours of on-demand television as their main activity.

Commitment: The interview should take around 60 minutes to complete.

Reward: £15.00 Amazon e-voucher for your participation.

How to participate: Email me at joanne.parkes@nottingham.ac.uk to express your interest and arrange a mutually convenient meeting time. Evenings and weekends will also be available.

More information is available. For any queries, please feel free to contact me using the email address provided.

Read more about my research project.